Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Mom’s magic- The ultimate place for strength and happiness

Mom’s magic- The ultimate place for strength and happiness

When I was a kid, my mother made some unseen boundaries for me. I had to take permission before going out; I had to eat nutritiously; I had to sleep before 10 pm, no chatting after 9 pm, and much more. I used to hate those rules like any other child.

As soon as I started growing up, I started breaking them. When I broke the very first rule, I was afraid but when I broke the second one I was not! When I broke the third rule, I was happy, and for fourth, I felt free and independent. After all, I was in the hostel, and my parents could not restrict me anymore.

I was on the sky-ninth. I had no boundaries; no worries; no more asking for permission. I enjoyed it for a year. Partying often, eating junks, misbehaving, and showing off became my everyday habit. I started losing people. Those who once loved me unconditionally started criticizing my personality. My ambitions were going to bins, and my hard work flew away somewhere else. Though this didn’t bother me much in starting, gradually I started hating myself for the same. Soon I was stepping towards doors of depression. What I received from that messy life was nothing but tears, loneliness, heartbreak, and so many of the sleepless nights. I became a teenager who unlocked independence on the cost of locking safety and happiness. I was alone, tired, wanting to be loved and cared.

I realized what I got after partying late was dark circles. The outcome of the relationship was heartbreak, being rude made me alone, and my poor marks mocked me for not studying properly. When I started getting these unwanted results, I started wanting mum more and more to console me and tell me it’s going to be alright. But how could she? I didn’t tell her anything. Once I said mom is far away to restrict me, later I felt why is she so far that I can’t hug her and cry?

Many times I tried confessing to her, but why can’t I speak my heart to her. Maybe because she is busy with the kitchen, office, papa, and my siblings or I know I did wrong. Or maybe, because I feel guilty of ignoring her pieces of advice every time.

Now, after all the sweet and sour experiences, I felt like going back to her boundaries to get relaxed and happy. I felt like telling her everything and say ‘I am sorry’ you were always right!

One evening, I gathered all of my strengths and called my mom; I told her everything that she deserved to know much earlier and guess what she said? She said,“ It’s going to be fine; I still love you” I cried as much as I wanted to and started fresh.

Mom’s magic- The ultimate place for strength and happiness.
They loved me, they still love me.

There is a famous dialogue from the Kota factory, “your parent’s decision may be right or wrong but their intentions can never be wrong".Well, that is true in every sense, I can feel it now!

So people, what is your teenage experience? Did you hate parent’s boundaries in childhood? What do you think now? Tell me in your story in the comment section.


36 comments:

  1. Boundries helps us to learn discipline of our life, without it can't achieve anything and our parents know this thing very well. That's why they make some boundaries that we have to learn to follow them not break them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't realize it until you break it and those days had its own joy and by committing and confessing the mistakes, we all grow up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully explained the companionship between a mother and a child. A mother's love is unconditional she will stand by our sides in every circumstances. Bad habits are easy to adapt while good habits are difficult to implement and that is the reason God gave us mum who always help us to be a better person in life. Every teenager suffers the same but at the end mother's lap is the only place where we could rely on.

    Good job my kitpit u always understand the emotions so deep and pen it down in a very soothing way that it reaches direct to the heart of reader. Good luck for your upcoming works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kajal. Your words always boosted me up.

      Delete
  4. ❤️❤️❤️🥰🙏🙏😚😚 We are born of love
    love is our mother.❤️❤️❤️🥰🥰🥰🥰🙏🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never had a Hostel Life Experience But it is definitely realized that whenever I stay away from my mother Papa, how much I will feel alone. How much would I like to keep myself with them? How much I will miss those people. I can fully understand that every child loves his mother Papa very much.You have written completely in your blog the feeling of a child who has been in hostel life and misses the boundary that was given by his maa Papa and he wants to go to that boundary again Because that child has found himself alone there and he is missing his parents very much. You have written very well in the blog 🥰🥰🥰♥️♥️♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked it.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I hope you will like next too.

      Delete
  7. my parents were never really strict with me....there were rules but not that many. And with my studies, they never pushed me like some people I know push their kids really hard. BUt they instilled in me a sense of valuing education and learning, so I ended up doing quite well academically. What you describe sounds pretty normal though....it's growing up...that's what happens when you are a teenager....the rules were there when you were a child and they set you on the right track..they act as a kind of foundation, but then, as you grow up and become independant, it's natural to want to break all those rules you've always been restricted by. But then, through experience you discover the value of those rules. So, you end up having both - a good foundation and your independence. I think you've done well. I'm not sure what a hostel is. Is it like where you live with other students?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Hostel is a place where we stay with our friends, in the same campus, or near the place where we study. I was 1000 km away from my parents, could not talk much as I was a bit shy and hence took much time to figure out the importance of their boundaries. But I am glad that I finally did.

      Delete
  8. Sometimes we need to learn the hard way. Maybe the boundaries were too tough for you growing up and you wanted to break free x

    ReplyDelete
  9. An Encouraging story- keep writing, and keep smiling, Sakshi.👏

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing! From a retrospective type of view, the restraints they hold usually come from a place of love - but maturity and personal experiences lead to that self discovery. Great post!

    www.sophiapatel.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is very sweet. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, Sakshi you got wonderful parents, and the time you have learned through your own experience, you had step into adulthood. Though; the experience didn't have good effects, but it has brought you closer to your mum and that's in my eyes a wonderful thing. It's the things we learned from our mistakes, and you learnt a good thing. Don't be afraid of doing new things because sometimes they will go wrong; because a girl like you always make a positive difference.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I almost cried�� it's truth parents intentions are most of the time right!


    Cata ⭐�� http://beautyofcafe205.blog/

    ReplyDelete
  14. As a kid, you don't really appreciate boundaries until either you found yourself so deep in trouble you don't even feel safe or until you become a parent yourself. I think all of us can relate to this in some shape or form.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, being a mother is indeed a heroic role. It takes a lots of efforts and sacrifices to nurture your child. I appreciate the selection of topic and your way of description as well

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is explained in such a lovely way. I enjoyed reading it <3 Yes I think boundaries can be restricting and make you want to break free but we definitely learn as we grow up that they were there for a reason. Although, not all boundaries are necessarily correct ofcourse.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really felt what you went through and the lessons you learned, through your nice writing skills.👌👍👌

    ReplyDelete