Thursday, April 30, 2020

Importance of Self – esteem. What do we need- food or food with taste of self-respect ?

As soon as I reached the railway station, an ox struck his sharp horn to me. My hand started bleeding. I moved to some other place, what else could I do? Inside I was disgusted how these animals could move this freely, especially near the railway station. Also, I was not unknown to the amount of garbage lying inside the station. Railways are such a mess, the dirtiest place in any state, I murmured while bandaging my hand. While waiting for my train, I saw an elderly man eating bananas and throwing peels towards the bin. Unfortunately, none of the peel reached the bin, which was irritating me even more. Ouch! Before I could reach there and put the garbage in the bin, a child slipped over it and got injured. It’s a bad day, these people would never change, I was murmuring continuously.

Finally, I boarded the train. I got a corner seat. I started looking outside, feeling air touching my face, watching every passing village, different kinds of people, farmers working in fields. It mesmerized me so well that I forgot the scene of the station and felt lost in view outside the window.

As soon as I reached Vrindavan, I hired a rickshaw to visit the temples. Beautiful! This beauty must be the reason Lord Krishna decided to live here, I was wandering. When I stepped out of the Temple, I saw a long line of widows sitting to beg. Most of them had worn white or off-white saree and they were looking with the hope to get some coins. I was curious about that long line, so I started a conversation with some of the ladies. “My son kicked me out of home, now I am compelled to beg” one of them sobbingly said. The other said, “I have no one to look after me and that’s why I line up every day to beg”. The third lady who was comparatively healthier said that she was from a rich family but as soon as her husband died, her relatives acquired her property and threw her out. Most of them were helpless, had given up on life, and had an intensely sad story. I was pity on their condition, obviously.

Well after visiting the beautiful city, I reached Tundla station to board the train. It’s still an hour, I murmured while looking at my watch. I bought some cookies and went to the waiting room. There I saw the in charge of the waiting room was also a widow. I was surprised when I came to know that her husband passed away 8 years ago and she had to take care of her small kids. Instead of giving up and begging she struggled hard to get the job. She didn’t feed her babies by the gifted or thrown food; rather she worked day and night.

I then noticed she was not in regular white saree that is generally worn by widows; she had worn the railways uniform very elegantly. Oh, lady! You definitely made us proud, I said in an appreciating manner. Her smile had dignity, self-respect, and hope.

Finally, I reached home, comparing the two kinds of ladies I met. I now question myself, which kind of people do we need? Why do women consider themselves weaker? Why do they think there is no meaning of life after the husband? Why do people give up so easily? And do we need just food or food with a taste of respect?

Readers, if you have the answers please let me know in the comment section. I will be waiting.

The difference of self – esteem. What is more important- food or food with taste of self-respect ?                           Importance of Self – esteem. What do we need- food or food with taste of self-respect ?


29 comments:

  1. It's obvious that we as women are more stronger than men because the Almighty has given us the power to give birth so no doubt that we are a stronger sex. And in my opinion just food is not anybody urges for every person on this planet deserves respect and the only fact is the obselete thoughts some women are financially dependent on men and they eventually loose their identity they just need to be groomed and should be given chances by people like us who can give them small jobs to earn. Somewhere we are responsible because they might be not literate but we should provide them a helping hands not in the form of begging but in the form of earning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a need to re judge the capability of herself by each and every women in the Society. She is Durga, the symbol of power.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Women's are stronger than man bur some circumstances creates these cobdcondit
    Thank you
    Mishra ji for lovely experience

    ReplyDelete
  4. πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘πŸ‘womens are more powerful... But sometimes conditions makes them weaker...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bilkul sahi bat hai ki aurat ke pati ke mar jane ke bad log use vidhva bolte hai or varsho pahle apne desh me yahi niyam tha ki uske pati ke mar jane ke bad use v jala diya jata tha ....jo ki bilkul hi galat tha ...sach to ye hai ki kisi ke chale jane ke bad kisi ki life rukti nhi hai jb jeevan hai tabhi sangharsh hai ...or jeevan me sangharsh karna v chahiye ...meri khud ki maa is istithi se gujri hai or wo mujhe khud akele rah kr pal posh kr bada kiya hai ...isliye mai bahoot karib se is cheez ko dekha hoon ...bahoot hi achcha sandesh diye ho aap ...jise padhne ke dil tk aawaz gaya mera or laga ki mai kuch bate bolu yaha pe πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great sketch!
    Connecting so many dots in single piece is really appreciable...
    All the questions asked by the writer, here are subjective. Moreover they are reciprocatively subjective.
    The point is not in getting answers, it's in not objectifying the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can tell who the strong women are...
    They are the ones you see building one another up instead of tearing each other down......!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Answering all you questions simultaneously..
    1- Ofcourse the second lady who thought working rather to beg

    2- not all the women consider themself weak, women living in poor society and with poor mentality consider themself weak because in generally many people helping those women have their own personal benifit and obviously famines are affraid of that and those who fight against all set an example

    3- ofcourse there is but in a country like India where husband is consider pati-parmeswar and after the death of parmeshwar any one can easily goes in trauma and those who overcome from that For them life is very meaningfull and intresting

    4- because they lose HOPE

    5- and ofcourse food with the taste of respect because money is earned by the prostitute and the goons as well but they dont have the respect in the society.
    Hope I make you satisfied with the
    answer and one more thing these are
    my views..

    Har har mahadev πŸ™

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well written. As per my opinion every individual has their own right to live in this earth which not dependent on either sex, race, age or even any species. Anybody should not be neglected. if possible every one should try to help the needy. Lastly, self-esteem is most accountable part of a living creature in the world.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  11. nicely written..
    interesting start , covered travelouge , raised social issues and leaving the readers t
    o think over multiple dimensions of society which is ignored in our lapse of time..
    But I must say you're a great observer..
    an avid reader and progressive writer...
    I found the content fresh as well as interesting to be read..
    The best thing is lucidity of language which enables readers to ponder over the realistic images as we read the lines..

    Raising a social issue with simplicity makes it the article of mass readers that can be read and understood by all.. achieving its main objective..
    a must read
    ������������

    Thumbs up!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great.... well written.... WOMENS ARE MORE POWERFUL.... but sometimes circumstances makes them weaker.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. appreciable... well written......In this society mens pretend to b more powerful but In my opinion womens are more powerful then men not in terms of physically

      Delete
  13. I must say you have great writing skill. Go ahead girl. All the best

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful! Keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  15. One of the things I thought about when I read this post is the importance of support networks. I think it's not completely the fault of the widows who are begging that they are in that situation. I agree that self-respect and deciding to improve oneself and be positive and not have a victim mentality is important, but I think that's not just about putting on a brave face or toughing it out - it's about building relationships with people....because I was thinking that the widow who was working and looking after her kids - probably she would have had some kind family members who helped her with the kids while she was working.

    ReplyDelete
  16. An amazing and thought-provoking post, Sakshi. Education, esteem, love, compassion are all needed but I truly believe the giver is always as blessed as the receiver.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!An amazing and truly thought-provoking blog Sakshi. Education, esteem, love, compassion are all needed but I also believe that the giver of these is always as blessed as the receiver.

    ReplyDelete